Skip to main content

Setting Sharepoint 2013 in Visual Studio 2012

Dear Readers,

I have started to learn sharepoint 2013 and while doing so, first hurdle was that Visual Studio 2012 was not displaying me sharepoint 2013 controls. So, I have to setup that manually and for that I follow below steps.

clip_image002
In order to get the templates into VS, you need to install Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/office-dev-tools-for-visual-studio (direct install : http://aka.ms/OfficeDevToolsForVS2012).
Unfortunately, this leverages the Microsoft Web Platform Installer which does not play well in closed environments. The Microsoft Web Platform Installer will install the following items:
Microsoft Identity Extensions
Workflow Manager Client 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Web Services 2.0
Microsoft Windows Identity Foundation SDK 4.0
Microsoft SharePoint Client Components
Microsoft Workflow Manger Tools
Cumulative Update 1.0 for Microsoft Workflow Manager Tools

Open XML SDK 2.5
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime
Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 - RTM

Once these items have been downloaded and installed on your development machine and double-click to install them, you will see that there is the option to create Apps and other items for Office and SharePoint 2013.
clip_image004
Unfortunately, if you try to create a project for any of these new fun items, you will get the following error:
An error occurred whilst trying to load some required components, Please ensure the following prerequisite components are installed.
Microsoft Web Developer Tools
Microsoft Exchange Web Services"
The problem is that the Microsoft Web Platform Installer adds parameters when installing the Microsoft Exchange Web Services that must be used in order to get around the error. If you have already installed the Microsoft Exchange Web Services, uninstall it from Control Panel and then open up a command prompt. Navigate to the location of EwsManagedApi32.msi. In the command prompt, run
EwsManagedApi32.msi addlocal="ExchangeWebServicesApi_Feature,ExchangeWebServicesApi_Gac"
clip_image006
Once that has finished installing, open up Visual Studio 2012 and enjoy creating apps for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Kindly provide your valuable comments in case if the above solution works for you too.
Please note that the content was copied from below URL 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed. For more info, contact your network administrator

Above problem occur when you have not added a group (of which User try to login)  in your local policy login. To resolve the issue, follow the steps,
Log in as the administrator on the server, then start the Group Policy Management Editor by running the  gpmc.msc command from PowerShell or the Command Line window. 1. In the Group Policy Management window on the left hand side, select Group Policy Management. 2. Click to expand the  Forest tree node.
3. Click Domains.
4. Select your domain name.
5. Click Group Policy Objects. 6. In the right-hand window, double-click Default Domain Controllers Policy.
7. Right-click Default Domain Controllers Policy and Select Edit.
8. In the Group Policy Management Editor window, click Default Domain Controllers Policy.
9. Click Computer Configuration, and then click Policies.
10. Click Windows Settings, and then click Security Settings. 11. Click Local Policies and then click User Rights Assignments.
12. In the right pane, click Allow log on locally. 12. Cli…

ORA-38104: Columns referenced in the ON Clause cannot be updated

In my case, this error pertains to Oracle Merge query. After 30 minutes of time wastage and a lot of hunting on different forums, I come to know that where and why was my merge query throwing exception.

I was giving multiple criteria in ON clause of merge query, and was also trying to update a column which I have mentioned in ON clause. Once I remove that column from update clause of merge query, it executed successfully.

I hope that this will also works for you.

In case if this post help you, then please comment on it.

Thanks.

Cannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)

Yesterday, I start SQL Server 2005 and try to connect with sa user but was enable to connect with the 'sa' user and got this error:

Cannot use the special principal 'sa' (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)After doing some google, I found out the solution which I am sharing so that others can get all the possible solutions from this article.
The titled message mean that your sa user is disabled. To enable it, you have to follow below mentioned steps:1) you have to change the authentication mode: go to Management Studio and open Object Explorer. Connect to your server and right-click on the server name, then select Properties. Go to Security tab and under Server Authentication select "SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode".2) Also, after you follow the directions above, you will also need to explicitly enable the sa account as well. Go to Security->Logins. Right-click on the "sa" account, select "Properties". In the list on the lef…