Tuesday, July 28, 2009

\\server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administarator of this server to find out if you

Problem:

Often time I receive a problem while my computer is connected with networks.It work properly on server 5 minutes ago but after 5 minutes it display me the error.

"\\server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administarator of this server to find out if you have access Permissions. Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

I digged alot about the solution of the problem. Some post suggest block your firewall which I was not using and many other solution. But nothing work.

After a long hours of digging on web for the above problem and implementing all the solutions that they suggest in their post, I have found a valuable command which solve my problem and now I am not facing this problem and if some time I face then use the solution.


Oh........ I forget the share solution with you. The solution is based on commands and they are (Open your command prompt first)

1) net use * /d

The above command will remove all the map drives from your computer. After writing this command and press enter, it will ask you that to press 'y' for Yes and 'n' for No. Press y. After then write the next command

2) net use h:\\server_name\foldername

Now wait for a few seconds / minutes (might be). It will ask the user name and password. Enter the user name and password and get rid from the problem.

Hope this will work for you as well.

Best of Luck.

No comments:

Docker Tutorial

 I have listed all the necessary commands of Docker below. In case if any is missing or if any improvement required, please share in comment...