Skip to main content

Invalid KeyCodeV2.dll or KeyCodeV2.dll Not Found

The reason you are getting this error is because the machine that you are trying to run your application on does not contain the drivers Crystal Report needs to run. Here is your solution:

Finding Out What the Crystal Report Distribution Key is on VS.NET 2003:

1- Open VS.NET 2003
2- Click on Help Menu Option
3- Choose "About Microsoft Development Environment"
4- Look under Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET, you will see a 19 character number, which is the Distribution Key Code:

Example: AAA00-BB00000-C0000DD

Producing the Deployment Project:

Open Solution Explorer, right click on the “Solution Name” at the top and Add a New Project. On the window that appears, move to Setup and Deployment Projects. Click on Setup Project (not the wizard), put a name for your deployment project (make a note of the location where the folder that the deployment project will be created in) and then click OK. A File System dialog will appear – solution explorer should be displayed on the left of screen. Within solution explorer – right click over your deployment project and select Add – Project Output. Another window will appear – select Primary Output (make sure configuration is showing Active) and click OK. This will result in the detected dependencies being updated & a primary output icon appearing in the deployment project. Right click on the deployment project name again and Add – Merge Modules. Add the following modules.

Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
Crystal_Managed2003.msm
Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
VC_User_CRT71_RTL_X86_---.msm
VC_User_STL71_RTL_X86_---.msm

These were the appropriate modules for my application given that I am using VS 2003. Yours may be slightly different.

Right click on Crystal_regwiz2003.msm and go to its properties. Enlarge the MergeModuleProperties tree and enter the product licence key which is like this AAA00-BB00000-C0000DD that we found above.

Go onto Build – Configuration Manager . Check that the Project & Deployment Project which appear are set to “Release” and the Build check box for each is checked. Build the Project. If all is well the build should show no errors.

If this has gone according to plan you should now have (in the folder specified in the “location” window given when you added your deployment project) a debug and release folder. The release folder will contain:

- setup (application)
- setup (config file)
- an installer package

The release folder is all that is needed to deploy the application on another machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed. For more info, contact your network administrator

Above problem occur when you have not added a group (of which User try to login)  in your local policy login. To resolve the issue, follow the steps,
Log in as the administrator on the server, then start the Group Policy Management Editor by running the  gpmc.msc command from PowerShell or the Command Line window. 1. In the Group Policy Management window on the left hand side, select Group Policy Management. 2. Click to expand the  Forest tree node.
3. Click Domains.
4. Select your domain name.
5. Click Group Policy Objects. 6. In the right-hand window, double-click Default Domain Controllers Policy.
7. Right-click Default Domain Controllers Policy and Select Edit.
8. In the Group Policy Management Editor window, click Default Domain Controllers Policy.
9. Click Computer Configuration, and then click Policies.
10. Click Windows Settings, and then click Security Settings. 11. Click Local Policies and then click User Rights Assignments.
12. In the right pane, click Allow log on locally. 12. Cli…

ORA-38104: Columns referenced in the ON Clause cannot be updated

In my case, this error pertains to Oracle Merge query. After 30 minutes of time wastage and a lot of hunting on different forums, I come to know that where and why was my merge query throwing exception.

I was giving multiple criteria in ON clause of merge query, and was also trying to update a column which I have mentioned in ON clause. Once I remove that column from update clause of merge query, it executed successfully.

I hope that this will also works for you.

In case if this post help you, then please comment on it.

Thanks.

Cannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)

Yesterday, I start SQL Server 2005 and try to connect with sa user but was enable to connect with the 'sa' user and got this error:

Cannot use the special principal 'sa' (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)After doing some google, I found out the solution which I am sharing so that others can get all the possible solutions from this article.
The titled message mean that your sa user is disabled. To enable it, you have to follow below mentioned steps:1) you have to change the authentication mode: go to Management Studio and open Object Explorer. Connect to your server and right-click on the server name, then select Properties. Go to Security tab and under Server Authentication select "SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode".2) Also, after you follow the directions above, you will also need to explicitly enable the sa account as well. Go to Security->Logins. Right-click on the "sa" account, select "Properties". In the list on the lef…